Welcome to deforest’s documentation!¶
The DEnse FOREst Time Series (DEFOREST) tool is a method for detecting changes in forest cover in a time series of Sentinel-2 data.
The processing chain:
- Takes Sentinel-2 data (L1C/L2A) as input.
- Trains a model to robustly identify forest/nonforest across any phenological state.
- Classifies each image to a probability of forest cover.
- Combines these images under a Bayesian framework to identify forest cover change.
- Outputs maps of forest cover change, and ‘early warnings’ of change in recent imagery.
- 1. Setup instructions
- 2. Using deforest on the command line
- 3. Worked example on the command line